Monday, January 28

My friends are amazing: Linton Smith

I don't think it needs repeating, but just in case you've forgotten, I have some amazing friends.

I've actually known Linton since middle school. We just never kept in touch until recently, when we re-met on New Year's Eve at Maison in New Orleans, where he ended up on stage playing. The story is actually kind of funny, and if you ask me, I'll tell you and we'll laugh together.

That being said, he's an amazing artist. He's currently studying at the New School, and is ALWAYS performing. I mean ALWAYS. He just finished a week of performing with some friends in New York, and my hope is to get them to perform at Swarthmore if the funds allow. I'm realizing that even though I'm a dancer (I kind of refuse to just accept that I'm also a singer and scream it from the mountaintops), I seem to always be surrounded by amazing musicians. I'm glad we were able to meet up again after about 3 years of us only being Facebook friends.

Here's some of his videos (though it does him no justice compared to hearing and seeing him perform in person):






-be.talented

No comments:

Post a Comment