Monday, February 18

this was a good weekend.

As it says, this was a pretty good weekend. I spent time in the company of people who were interested in spending time with me. I love my friends. I love people, and I like when they love me back. We celebrated a friend's belated birthday by surprising her in my room for what I'm calling the Peaches and Cream Pregame Party. It's named that because the 112-"Peaches and Cream" Pandora station is THE BEST station for listening to those songs you love and haven't listened to in a while. We wore Mardi Gras colors and surprised her. I love that my friends had so much fun that they barely wanted to leave for the actual campus party. Then we chilled there, I spent time hanging out with more friends, and eventually fell asleep and spent Sunday like a lazy bum zombie. I've felt sick today, but I can say I think it was worth it. I'm going to have more Peaches and Cream Pregames because I want to spend as much time with my friends having fun in our own silly way.

My friends are amazing. They refuse to let me accept less than the best for myself. Even when I'm the person treating myself as less. They continue to accept me and encourage me to be the boss I was destined to be. They remind me that I am loved, and sometimes they sing Ne-Yo to me to tell me that even if I don't accept myself, they will do it for me until I can do it myself. I'm still learning, and I'm glad they're there to learn with me. They're patient, and that's one of the best things you can find in a friend.

I find love from others unexpectedly. A younger friend of mine just sat in my room for two hours, talking to me about people, leadership, our lives here on this campus, and the quality of certain people. He would not leave until he knew that I'd taken what he'd said to heart.We joked, we laughed, we watched videos on YouTube and listened to music, and I even did a little bit of rapping. I'm convinced it's moments like this here that continue to keep my soul at peace in what is sometimes not the best of environments. I truly do appreciate the people God has put in my life.

I hope to push through and take this week by storm. Be the example of what a boss truly looks like.

-be.loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment